Pages

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

I Had To Be The One Who Told Him - Rhonda D

I HAD TO BE THE ONE WHO TOLD HIM
            “Looking in your eyes… kind of heaven eyes… closing both my eyes…waiting for surprise.”
It was a classic city landscape filled with twinkles, not from the plum sky, but from bouncing glitters: reds from cars, greens from street lights, whites from buildings and reflections of them all. A breezy, only slightly humid Atlanta night wrapped the lovers …kind of California-like. But only these pretty people chattering on the roof-top hotel were filled with southern pleasantries and stories of fishing and farm vistas.
 “To see the heaven in your eyes is not so far… cause I'm not afraid to try and go it….”
            Awww Golden Lady a Stevie Wonder classic I thought. I was glittering and sparkling with dangling earrings, a gawdy pink flowered diamond ring, a neck line to my navel and hem above my thigh, along with the wildest gold knee boots I myself had ever seen.
It was a girl’s night out, with the exception of my boyfriend who I was sharing tonight, sharing with my sexy new girl-toy I simply called lil’ Sis. Lil’ Sis was brilliantly attired in her usual tight black something or other which was perfect as not to outshine me, Big Sis. And my boyfriend who tonight we called Daddy?, and at our request he had on a sharp black suit and tie and his ever present wide sexy grin and he came naturally equipped with all the ingredients which assured a summer night of fun. There we sat the three of us, entwined.
“And golden lady, golden lady I'd like to go there, golden lady, golden lady I'd like to go there take me right away…”
God that song made a girl’s heart believe the beauty of the melody and ladies in the crowd sang aloud and swayed. I lowered my eyelids to half mast and glanced over at the horn player, a handsome young stallion decades Daddy’s junior. He held the evening’s heart in his sway and no one could turn their eyes from his masculine loveliness.
“…To know the love and the beauty never known before, I'll leave it up to you to show it…”
I was entrenched in his being and in that moment I didn’t care what anyone thought. I wanted to dream of him on my death bed years from tonight and I wanted my story, my last memories to ring not of loss, but of conquer. I shifted and pointed my glossy thighs in his direction and stared unwaveringly at his eyes as they darted lovingly around the room. Lil’ Sis tried to draw my attention to her and she giggled out loud and warmed her hands on our dates shoulder.
Finally, His horn floated slowly towards our table and our eyes locked and I made sure to fasten him in. Surely, the other ladies who were balmy under the moon’s slithering glow would try to make their way into my line of fire. But, I had to be the one who captured his awareness; I had to be the one he blew for; and, I had to be the one who told him, he was quite simply… the most dazzling creature the cityscape had ever glimmered for and I stood up in declaration of what was soon to be mine. As His last hum was released nothing else existed; friendships, love-ships… nothing. I was determined to create the most beautiful golden evening I was ever to remember, a story that would electrify my memory even in my last breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment